Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Cato Institute congressional voting recommendations
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from Cato Institute (number of quotes indicated):
- Cato Institute (33)
- Merrick Garland (2) Attorney General
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Cato Institute congressional voting recommendations:
- FactCheck on Trump Twitter post / voting Sep 30, 2019
- Cato Commentary on S.Res.59 (Green New Deal), by Jeffrey Miron & Laura Nicolae, 2/24/2019
- On DOJ Confirmation Hearings: "Brett Kavanaugh, Merrick Garland, and the Cohesion of the Federal Bench," by Walter Olson, September 6, 2018
- YES on Iranian nuke deal Jan 25, 2017
- YES on labeling GMOs Aug 1, 2016
- YES on marijuana banking Mar 31, 2016
- NO on closing Guantanamo Bay Feb 23, 2016
- NO on nuclear energy; NO on carbon tax; Jan 28, 2016
- MIXED on USA Freedom Act Oct 1, 2015
- YES on RFRA Jul 14, 2015
- NO on ObamaCare Apr 1, 2015
- NO on BLM Apr 20, 2015
- NO on free Community College Jan 9, 2015
- NO on WTO complaint against China's solar panel exports, Jul 31, 2014
- NO on Zero-Emission Bus grants, Mar 12, 2012
- YES on Pain Capable Unborn Child Protection Act (PCUCPA), Feb 2, 2011
- NO on ObamaCare Nov 10, 2009
- NO on duties on Chinese tires Sep 11, 2009
- NO on Card Check Sep 6, 2009
- NO on Israeli settlements Dec 19, 2003
- NO on mandatory arbitration May 3, 2002
- YES on OCS Drilling (Outer Continental Shelf), Jun 5, 2001
- NO on Death Tax Feb 22, 2001
- NO on VAWA constitutionality, Mar 30, 2000
- YES on de-funding the NEA May 3, 1995
- NO on Term Limits, Feb 18, 1992
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Cato Institute: Ban abortion after 20 weeks, except for maternal life.
Cato Institute: No taxpayer funding of abortions via ObamaCare.
Budget & Economy|
Cato Institute: Separate art and state: de-fund the NEA.
Cato Institute: Balance freedom of association against discrimination.
Cato Institute: VAWA unconstitutional: violence against women isn't federal.
Cato Institute: Let consumers choose to use private court or arbitration.
Cato Institute: Trusting police requires access to police disciplinary files.
Cato Institute: Evidence that opioids are not that dangerous, despite hype.
Cato Institute: Legalize marijuana banking until we legalize marijuana.
Cato Institute: Vouchers break link of low-income and low-quality schools.
Cato Institute: Only 19% finish community college & new jobs don't need it.
Energy & Oil|
Cato Institute: Carbon tax instead of Green New Deal.
Cato Institute: Opportunity cost and risk cost of nuclear overwhelm savings.
Cato Institute: Internalizing greenhouse gas cost means $2/ton carbon tax.
Cato Institute: Oil and gas production isn't damaging, even OCS and ANWR.
Cato Institute: Minimal GMO labeling advances science & consumers.
Cato Institute: End federal grants to reduce diesel emissions.
Cato Institute: Closing Gitmo has become merely symbolic.
Cato Institute: Israeli settlements exacerbate hostilities; separate instead.
Cato Institute: Ex-im bank replaces market risk with bureaucrats' decisions.
Cato Institute: Countervailing duties mean higher prices on solar panels.
Cato Institute: Duties on Chinese tires could unleash protectionist backlash.
Cato Institute: FactCheck: Whistleblower rules never require 1st-hand report.
Cato Institute: Term limits of 6 years in House and 12 years in Senate.
Cato Institute: Congress can decide which "emoluments" are acceptable.
Cato Institute: Term limits oppose professionalization of legislators.
Cato Institute: Offer credible market-based alternatives to ObamaCare.
Cato Institute: Bar the government from indiscriminate bulk surveillance.
Cato Institute: Give LEGAL child immigrants DACA benefits too.
Cato Institute: Congress decides immigration policy, not President Trump.
Cato Institute: Card-check union organizing threatens companies.
Principles & Values|
Merrick Garland: Praised by Brett Kavanaugh: "He's been a role model to me".
Merrick Garland: Praised by Brett Kavanaugh: He's been a role model to me.
Cato Institute: Estate tax won't hit billionaires--only regular millionaires.
War & Peace|
Cato Institute: Alternative to Iran nuke deal is ever-heightening tensions.
The above quotations are from Cato Institute congressional voting recommendations.