Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of RI political races in The Providence Journal
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Providence Journal (number of quotes indicated):
- Allan Fung (4) Rhode Island Republican candidate for governor of Rhode Island
- Allen Waters (3) Republican candidate for Rhode Island U. S. Senator Rhode Island
- Ashley Kalus (2) Rhode Island Republican Challenger
- Barry Hinckley (3) Republican Challenger Rhode Island
- Bob Flanders (3) Republican Challenger Rhode Island
- Bobby Nardolillo (3) Republican candidate for Rhode Island U.S. Senator Rhode Island
- Carl Sheeler (3) Democratic Challenger (2006) Rhode Island
- Dan McKee (2) Rhode Island Democratic candidate for governor
- Gina Raimondo (5) Rhode Island Secretay of Commerce
- Jack Reed (1) Democratic Sr Senator Rhode Island
- Lincoln Chafee (1) Rhode Island Independent Rhode Island Governor
- Luis-Daniel Munoz (2) Rhode Island Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Mark Zaccaria (2) Republican Senate Challenger Rhode Island
- Nellie Gorbea (1) Rhode Island Democratic Challenger
- Patricia Morgan (1) Rhode Island Republican candidate for Rhode Island Governor
- Seth Magaziner (1) Rhode Island Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Sheldon Whitehouse (2) Democratic Jr Senator Rhode Island
- Stephen Laffey (3) Republican challenger (2006) Rhode Island
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from the Providence Journal:
- The Providence Journal, "Saving the environment: RI governor candidates share their strategies," by Patrick Anderson, August 3, 2022
- The Providence Journal, "McKee hits, GOP candidate Kalus deflects punch on her most admired pol, Ron DeSantis," by Katherine Gregg, July 7, 2022
- The Providence Journal, "Will RI gun-control laws change following the Texas school massacre?," by Katherine Gregg, May 25, 2022
- 2022_RI_Governor, "Timing seems to bode well for McKee's reelection chances," by Patrick Anderson, April 19, 2021
- On 2022_RI_Gov: "McKee proposes $11.2-billion budget with no call for broad tax hikes," by Katherine Gregg, March 11, 2021
- The74million.org, "Dan McKee on COVID-19 Response and Using Community-Based Afterschool Programs to Make Up for Lost Learning," by Asher Lehrer-Small, February 10, 2021
- (On 2022_RI_Governor): "From forgotten man to head of the state: Who is Dan McKee?," by Patrick Anderson, January 8, 2021
- (On 2022_RI_Gov): Providence Journal, "Brush with history: Raimondo is in Israel as Netanyahu is indicted," by Katherine Gregg, Nov 21, 2019
- Providence Journal, "Raimondo makes public stance in support of Pride," by Patrick Anderson, Jun 3, 2019
- (On Bob Flanders): Providence Journal on 2018 Rhode Island Senate race, 9/28/2018
- (On Allan Fung): Providence Journal on 2018 Rhode Island gubernatorial debate, 9/27/2018
- (On Gina Raimondo & Patricia Morgan): Providence Journal on 2018 Rhode Island gubernatorial race, 8/30/2018
- On 2022 Rhode Island Governor race: "Governor signs bill giving Dreamers right to driver's licenses in R.I.," by Mark Reynolds, Jun 19, 2018
- (On Allan Fung): Providence Journal on 2018 Rhode Island gubernatorial race, 2/28/2018
- (On Bob Flanders): Providence Journal on 2018 Rhode Island Senate race, 11/16/2017
- (On Bobby Nardolillo): Providence Journal on 2018 Rhode Island Senate race, 5/15 & 9/22/2017
- (On Sheldon Whitehouse & Bobby Nardolillo): Providence Journal on 2018 Rhode Island Senate race, 9/11/2017
- (On Allan Fung): Providence Journal on 2018 Rhode Island gubernatorial race, 10/2/2014
- (On Mark Zaccaria): Providence Journal on 2014 Rhode Island Senate race, 6/24/2014
- (On Barry Hinckley): Edward Fitzpatrick in Providence Journal, 11/14/2011
- (On Sheldon Whitehouse): Karen Lee Ziner in Providence Journal, 10/12/2006
- (On Carl Sheeler): By Scott MacKay, Providence Journal, 5/30/2006
- (On Stephen Laffey): Scott Mayerowitz , Providence Journal, “Streamline Tax Code”, 5/2/2006
- (On Lincoln Chafee & Stephen Laffey): John E. Mulligan, Providence Journal, “Differ on Mideast”, 4/17/2006
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Allan Fung: Supports woman's restricted right to make medical decisions.
Allan Fung: Pro-choice position but supports a no-abortion health option.
Budget & Economy|
Mark Zaccaria: Senate bank regulators are too cozy with regulated banks.
Gina Raimondo: Signed Pride Month proclamation, defying local bishop.
Barry Hinckley: First and foremost, gay people are Americans.
Sheldon Whitehouse: Worked entire career for civil rights.
Luis-Daniel Munoz: Supports national accreditation standards for police.
Gina Raimondo: Legalize marijuana, since we're surrounded by legal states.
Dan McKee: As mayor created the first mayoral charter school.
Allen Waters: Let free market forces determine student loan pricing.
Barry Hinckley: Favors school vouchers for private and religious schools.
Energy & Oil|
Ashley Kalus: Support industries such as offshore wind and aquaculture.
Seth Magaziner: Invest in wind, solar and other clean energy technologies.
Families & Children|
Bob Flanders: Senate candidates accused of sexual abuse should withdraw.
Jack Reed: Allow in Syrian refugees looking for opportunity.
Gina Raimondo: In Israel for economic development mission.
Bobby Nardolillo: Shift elections to Saturday.
Nellie Gorbea: Need the courage to pass common sense gun reform.
Allen Waters: Strong supporter of the Second Amendment.
Allan Fung: State funding for armed police at all schools.
Gina Raimondo: Ban all firearms from public school buildings and grounds.
Patricia Morgan: Upgrade security measures in schools instead of banning guns.
Allan Fung: Against assault rifle ban.
Bob Flanders: Ban devices that turn guns into massive killing machines.
Gina Raimondo: Driver's licenses for DREAMers, pathway for citizenship.
Bobby Nardolillo: Get tough on illegal immigrants.
Mark Zaccaria: Accepted 20 weeks of unemployment, but opposes extending it.
Principles & Values|
Ashley Kalus: Names Ron DeSantis as her most admired elected official.
Allen Waters: Grew up in Providence; lived & ran in MA; now running in RI.
Bob Flanders: Let both sides be heard in Supreme Court Kavanaugh hearings.
Carl Sheeler: Declared bankruptcy due to financial problems from divorce.
Carl Sheeler: Switched from Republican to Democratic in 2004.
Carl Sheeler: Political hero is Paul Wellstone.
Barry Hinckley: End FICA payroll tax with FairTax.
Dan McKee: Increase real estate transfer tax on homes over $700,000.
Stephen Laffey: Eliminate estate taxes, capital gains taxes, and more.
Stephen Laffey: Lower highest tax rate from 35% to 30% to help middle-class.
War & Peace|
Bobby Nardolillo: Supports Afghanistan war but not forever.
Sheldon Whitehouse: More troops in Afghanistan OK but revisit later.
Lincoln Chafee: Pressure Israel firmly, even when it looks like non-support.
Stephen Laffey: Zero aid to Palestine until Hamas renounces violence.
Welfare & Poverty|
Luis-Daniel Munoz: Supports free public clinics; increase affordable housing.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of RI political races in The Providence Journal.