Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Nevada House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from NV legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Adam Laxalt (1) Nevada Republican candidate for governor of Nevada
- Brian Sandoval (4) Nevada Republican Governor
- Joe Heck (1) Republican Challenger Nevada
- John Jay Lee (4) Nevada Republican Challenger
- Ruben Kihuen (4) Democrat U.S. Rep Nevada- 4
- Steve Sisolak (3) Nevada Democratic candidate for Nevada Governor
- Steven Horsford (3) Democrat U.S. Rep Nevada- 4
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Nevada state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- NV-D Dina Titus, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, 1st district, since 2013
3rd district, 2009-2011
Member of the Nevada Senate, 7th district, 1988–2008
- NV-R Michele Fiore, 2022 candidate for state treasurer
Member of the Las Vegas City Council, Ward 6, since 2017
Mayor Pro Tempore of Las Vegas, 2019-2020
Member of the Nevada Assembly, 4th district, 2012-2016
- NV-R John Jay Lee 2022 Candidate for Nevada Governor
Mayor of North Las Vegas, since 2013
Member of the Nevada Senate, 1st district, 2004-2012 (as D)
Member of the Nevada Assembly, 3rd district, 1996-2002 (as D)
- NV-R Adam Laxalt , Nevada Republican candidate for governor of Nevada
33rd Attorney General of Nevada as of Jan. 5, 2015
- NV-D Steven Horsford - Elected 2018 to U.S.House (D-NV-4)
Member of the Nevada Senate from the 4th district (2005-2013)
Majority Leader of the Nevada Senate (2009-2013)
- NV-D Ruben Kihuen - Elected 2016 to U.S. House
Member of the Nevada State Senate, District 10, 2011 - 2016
Majority Whip, Nevada State Senate, 2013 - 2014
- NV-R Brian Sandoval - Governor 2011-2018
State Attorney General, 2003–2005
Member of the Nevada Assembly from the 25th district January 3, 1994 – April 23, 1998
- NV-R Joe Heck - 2016 candidate for Senate
Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Nevada's 3rd district, since 2011
Member of the Nevada Senate from the Clark 5 district, 2004–2008
- NV-R Sharron Angle - possible 2016 candidate for Senate (and former 2010 candidate for Senate)
Member of the Nevada Assembly from the 26th District, 2003 – 2007
Member of the Nevada Assembly from the 29th District, 1999 - 2003
- NV-R Bob Beers - withdrawn 2016 candidate for Senate
Member of the Nevada Senate from the 6th district, 2004–2008
Member of the Nevada Assembly from the 4th district, 1998–2004
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Jay Lee: Approved legislative majority-minority redistricting.
Steve Sisolak: Limit no-knock warrants, investigate civil rights violations.
Adam Laxalt: Increased penalties for Medicaid crimes & human trafficking.
John Jay Lee: Audit the cost of capital punishment.
Brian Sandoval: Vetoed restoring budget cuts for K-12 public education.
John Jay Lee: Restore budget cuts for K-12 public education.
Ruben Kihuen: Restore budget cuts for K-12 public education.
Steven Horsford: Restore budget cuts for K-12 public education.
Steve Sisolak: Keep electoral college; no popular vote "compact".
Brian Sandoval: Vetoed auditing the cost of capital punishment.
Brian Sandoval: Vetoed legislative redistricting maps.
Ruben Kihuen: Audit the cost of capital punishment.
Steven Horsford: Audit the cost of capital punishment.
Ruben Kihuen: Approved legislative majority-minority redistricting.
Steven Horsford: Approved legislative majority-minority redistricting.
Brian Sandoval: Mental health background check erodes 2nd Amendment.
Ruben Kihuen: Background checks for mental health before gun purchase.
Steve Sisolak: Veterans bills will make a tremendous difference.
Joe Heck: Opposed resolution celebrating contributions of immigrants.
John Jay Lee: Co-sponsored celebrating contributions of immigrants.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Nevada House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- KOLO TV-ABC-8, "Sisolak signs 11 bills, including 4 helping veterans," May 26, 2021
- On 2022_NV_Gov: Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Sisolak signs pair of police reform bills into law," by Colton Lochhead, May 25, 2021
- Nevada Independent on AB186, on electoral college; (Steve Sisolak), 5/30/2019
- Reno Gazette-Journal on Nevada AB53/55/58/73, on Medicaid crimes, (Adam Laxalt), 4/4/2017
- SB99: Las Vegas Sun, "Sandoval vetoes bills on sex offender law, dissolving Ely," June 11, 2015
- AB440: Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval vetoes three more bills," by Ed Vogel, June 8, 2013
- Nevada SB 221, on 2nd Amendment, (Brian Sandoval & Ruben Kihuen), 5/22/2013
- On AB501: Center Right NV blog, "Sandoval stops two more very liberal bills," June 11, 2011
- On AB501: Nevada Prison Watch blog, "Governor vetoes audit for costs of death penalty in Nevada," June 9, 2011
- On AB566: Ballotpedia, "Another day, another veto in Nevada," by Eileen McGuire-Mahony, June 1, 2011
- On AB568: Las Vegas Sun, "Leading Nevada to the future," by John Oceguera, Feb. 6, 2011
- NCSL Immigration Report: Nevada ACR 24, on contributions of immigrants, (Joe Heck), 3/31/2009
- SB237: NRA-ILA, "SB237 will allow Nevada to negotiate Right-to-Carry reciprocity agreements with states whose training standards match Nevada's," 6/19/2007
- AB364: Nevada Appeal, "Assembly overrides Gibbons veto on grand jury rules; Senate sustains it," June 4, 2007
- SB567: Green Real Estate Law, "Nevada Governor Vetoes Bill Suspending Green Property Tax Abatement Program," by Stephen Del Percio, May 16, 2007
- SB567: Las Vegas Review Journal, "Gibbons delivers first veto," May 15, 2007