Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for North Dakota House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from ND legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Doug Burgum (1) North Dakota Republican candidate for Governor
- Eliot Glassheim (2) Democratic candidate for Senate North Dakota
- Jack Dalrymple (6) North Dakota Republican Governor
- Kelly Armstrong (4) Republican U.S. Rep North Dakota- 0
- Marvin Nelson (4) North Dakota Democratic candidate for Governor
- Michael Coachman (1) North Dakota Republican candidate for governor
- Rick Becker (6) North Dakota Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Rick Berg (1) Republican Challenger North Dakota
- Thomas Campbell (4) Republican candidate for North Dakota U.S. Senator North Dakota
- Tracy Potter (10) 2010 Democratic Challenger North Dakota
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
North Dakota state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- ND-R Doug Burgum , North Dakota Republican candidate for Governor
33rd Governor of North Dakota, as of December 15, 2016
- ND-D Eliot Glassheim, former Democratic candidate for Senate North Dakota
Member of the North Dakota House of Representatives, 18th district
- ND-D Marvin Nelson , North Dakota Democratic candidate for Governor
Member of the North Dakota House of Representatives, 9th district
- ND-R Rick Berg , Republican 2012 Senate Challenger North Dakota
Member of the U.S. House of Representatives, from North Dakota's at-large district, Jan. 3, 2011-Jan. 3, 2013
Majority Leader of the North Dakota House of Representatives, Jan. 3, 2003-Jan. 3, 2009
Member of the North Dakota House of Representatives, 45th district, Jan. 3, 1985-Jan. 3, 2011
- ND-R Kelly Armstrong - Elected 2018 to U.S.House (R-ND-a)
Member of the North Dakota Senate from the 36th district (2012-2018)
Chair of the North Dakota Republican Party (2015-2018)
- ND-R Rick Becker - 2016 Candidate for Governor
State Representative from District 7 since 2012
- ND-R Jack Dalrymple - Governor since 2010
Member of the North Dakota House of Representatives from the 22nd district In office 1985–2000
- ND-D Tracy Potter - 2010 Senate Challenger
Member of the North Dakota Senate from the 35th district 2006 – 2010
- ND-R Thomas Campbell, 2018 Republican candidate for North Dakota U.S. Senator
Member of the North Dakota Senate (2012- )
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Tracy Potter: Voted against making abortion a felony.
Tracy Potter: Define life as beginning at birth, not conception.
Kelly Armstrong: Gender neutral terms in state laws, for same-sex marriages.
Thomas Campbell: No gender neutral terms in state laws; keep husband/wife.
Rick Becker: Add "sexual orientation" to definition of discrimination.
Thomas Campbell: Voted NO on "sexual orientation" in defining discrimination.
Kelly Armstrong: Don't add sexual orientation to definition of discrimination.
Tracy Potter: Prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation.
Tracy Potter: No job discrimination by sexual orientation/gender identity.
Tracy Potter: Repeal Cohabitation Law: unmarried couples can live together.
Jack Dalrymple: Cut corporate tax and income tax across the board.
Eliot Glassheim: Opposed across-the-board corporate and income tax cuts.
Marvin Nelson: Opposed across-the-board corporate and income tax cuts.
Kelly Armstrong: Cut corporate tax and income tax across the board.
Jack Dalrymple: No use of drones for criminal investigations.
Rick Becker: No use of drones for criminal investigations.
Marvin Nelson: Legalize medical marijuana.
Eliot Glassheim: Legalize medical marijuana.
Rick Becker: Voted NO on drug testing for TANF & SNAP benefits.
Tracy Potter: Deregulate homeschooling for parents with H.S. diplomas.
Tracy Potter: Voted NO on Home School Deregulation.
Energy & Oil|
Jack Dalrymple: Reduce oil extraction tax from 6.5% to 5%.
Kelly Armstrong: Reduce oil extraction tax from 6.5% to 5%.
Rick Becker: Reduce oil extraction tax from 6.5% to 5%.
Marvin Nelson: Block giveaway of state-owned mineral resources.
Michael Coachman: Block giveaway of state-owned mineral resources.
Doug Burgum: Veto $5,000 limits on executive branch bonuses.
Jack Dalrymple: OpEd: Legislative $5,000 limit on governor's executive bonus.
Rick Becker: Voted YES on $5,000 limit on governor's executive bonus.
Thomas Campbell: Voted NO on $5,000 limit on governor's executive bonus.
Jack Dalrymple: Change restrictions for Voter ID.
Marvin Nelson: Opposed changes in restrictions for Voter ID.
Jack Dalrymple: Study ID cards for voting to ensure citizenship.
Rick Becker: Study ID cards for voting to ensure citizenship.
Thomas Campbell: Study ID cards for voting to ensure citizenship.
Tracy Potter: Opposed "Clean Elections" limited to $1500 contributions.
Tracy Potter: Deadly force ok in self defense against an intruder.
Tracy Potter: Increase visa caps to meet labor shortages.
Rick Berg: 2005: Supported Bush's privatization plan as state rep.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for North Dakota House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- Bismarck Tribune on S.2134, on state-owned mineral resources, (Marvin Nelson & Michael Coachman), 1/10/2018
- Grand Forks Herald on North Dakota HB 1153, on executive branch bonuses, (Rick Becker & Thomas Campbell), 3/29/2017
- Billings Gazette on SB 2043, on gender-neutral state laws, (Kelly Armstrong & Thomas Campbell), 1/10/2017
- North Dakota HB 1333, on Voter ID, (Jack Dalrymple & Marvin Nelson), 4/21/2015
- North Dakota H.B. 1476, on oil extraction tax, (Dalrymple, Armstrong & Becker), 4/20/2015
- North Dakota SB 2349, on corporate tax cuts, 4/17/2015
- NCSL UAS Report: 2015 North Dakota HB 1328, on criminal investigations, (Jack Dalrymple & Rick Becker), 4/9/2015
- North Dakota S.B. 2279, on sexual orientation discrimination, (Armstrong, Becker & Campbell), 4/2/2015
- North Dakota H.B. 1389, on ID cards for voting, (Dalrymple, Becker & Campbell), 2/24/2015
- North Dakota HB 1430, on medical marijuana, (Eliot Glassheim & Marvin Nelson), 2/18/2015
- North Dakota H.B. 1385, on drug testing for SNAP benefits, (Rick Becker), 2/22/2013
- NCSL Immigration Report: N.D. SCR 4003, on immigration law, (Tracy Potter), 4/22/2009
- North Dakota SCR 4003, on visa caps, (Tracy Potter), 4/22/2009