Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Ohio Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 OH Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Jay Inslee (1) Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- Mike DeWine (3) Ohio Republican candidate for Governor
- Nan Whaley (11) Ohio Democratic candidate for Ohio Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Ohio Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Crain Cleveland Business Op-Ed: "Let's make Ohio a sanctuary state for law-abiding gun owners," by Jim Renacci, 04/27/21
- Highland County Press, "Ohio leaders should always put Ohio and its citizens first," by Jim Renacci, April 26, 2021
- Dayton 24/7 NOW, "Dayton working to implement police reform through alternative response model," by Tiffany L. Denen, April 5, 2021
- WVXU 91.7 FM, Cincinnati Public Radio, "Analysis: What Is Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley Up To?," by Howard Wilkinson, Mar 26, 2021
- University of Dayton Flyer News, "Women in politics: Mayor Nan Whaley speaks about her time in office," by Kaitlin Lewis, February 22, 2021
- WVXU 91.7 FM Cincinnati Public Radio , "Will Nan Whaley Run For Governor Of Ohio?," by Howard Wilkinson, Jan 8, 2021
- CNN State of the Union Interview of Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine, January 03, 2021
- NBC News, Meet the Press interview of Mike DeWine, April 19, 2020
- USA Today, "Are abortions considered essential surgery during coronavirus crisis?," by Doug Stanglin, Giacomo Bologna, & Alissa Zhu, March 25, 2020
- CNN 2020 "State of the Union" interview of Gov. Mike DeWine (R-OH), March 15, 2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mike DeWine: Deflects questions about abortion during pandemic.
Budget & Economy|
Nan Whaley: Invest in economic and neighborhood development.
Nan Whaley: More women leaders, more diverse idea of what leadership is.
Nan Whaley: Police reform process led to major systemic changes.
Nan Whaley: Supports alternative response to certain non-violent calls.
Nan Whaley: Move past stigma, treat addiction as the disease that it is.
Families & Children|
Nan Whaley: Made Dayton a better place to live, work, and raise a family.
Mike DeWine: Got waiver to deliver school lunches to quarantined kids.
Nan Whaley: Opposed "Stand Your Ground" bill enacted after shooting.
Nan Whaley: Build infrastructure to distribute millions of vaccines.
Nan Whaley: Future economic growth depends on attracting new immigrants.
Principles & Values|
Nan Whaley: Focus on economy, no compromise on core progressive values.
Mike DeWine: Protests against me protected by First Amendment.
Jay Inslee: We need to make decisions based on science and reality.
Welfare & Poverty|
Nan Whaley: Protect tenants, reduce the number of evictions.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Jay Inslee Washington Democratic Washington Governor
- Mike DeWine Ohio Republican candidate for Governor
- Nan Whaley Ohio Democratic candidate for Ohio Governor
The above quotations are from 2022 Ohio Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2022; contenders:
OH 2022 Gubernatorial debate:
Incumbent Mike DeWine(R)
vs.Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley(D)
vs.Mayor John Cranley(D)
vs.Former Rep.Jim Renacci(R)
Past gubernatorial races:
2018 Ohio gubernatorial debate,
Jim Renacci (R)
Betty Sutton (D)
Mary Taylor (R)
Former Senator Mike DeWine (R)
vs.Connie Pillich (D)
vs.Former U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich(D)
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2020 Senatorial debates: