Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 New York Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 NY Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Al Sharpton (1) Democrat
- Andrew Cuomo (1) New York Democratic Governor
- Andrew Giuliani (19) New York Republican challenger for Governor
- Joe Pinion (8) New York Republican challenger
- Kathy Hochul (19) New York Democratic Lt. Governor
- Lee Zeldin (9) New York Republican challenger for Governor
- Letitia James (4) New York Democratic Challenger
- Tom Suozzi (3) New York Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 New York Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- CNN Politics, "4 takeaways from the New York governor debate," by Gregory Krieg, October 25, 2022, (Link)
- State of Politics, "New York GOP gubernatorial hopeful Andrew Giuliani on Buffalo shooting, education," by Susan Arbetter, May 24, 2022
- NBC: Meet the Press: Gov. Kathy Hochul and Rev. Al Sharpton; moderated by Chuck Todd, May 15, 2022, (Link)
- ABC News: Full transcript of "This Week": interview of New York Governor Kathy Hochul, moderated by George Stephanopoulos, Sunday, May 15, 2022, (Link)
- Gotham Gazette, "Q&A: Andrew Giuliani, Republican Candidate for Governor of New York," by John Besche, February 03, 2022
- The Forward, "Eating pizza and talking Jewish politics with Tom Suozzi," by Jacob Kornbluh, December 19, 2021
- CNN, "New York tells SCOTUS to allow vaccine mandate for health care workers to remain on the books," by Ariane de Vogue, November 10, 2021
- Gay City News, "Letitia James Urges Federal Court to Rule in Favor of Trans Athletes in Connecticut," by Tat Bellamy-Walker, October 18, 2021
- Spectrum News, "Andrew Giuliani says he'd work to implement New York's marijuana measure," by Nick Reisman, Aug. 17, 2021
- Spectrum Local News, "AG James calls for passage of federal LGBTQ rights bill," by Nick Reisman, Jun. 24, 2021
- N. Y. Times, "Andrew Giuliani Enters the Republican Primary for Governor," by J. David Goodman, May 18, 2021
- New York Post, "Andrew Giuliani announces 2022 bid for New York governor," by Carl Campanile, May 18, 2021
- CBS News, "Georgia GOP Governor Brian Kemp faces primary challenge from former Democrat," by Adam Brewster, April 16, 2021
- New York Times, "Rep. Lee Zeldin, a Staunch Conservative, Will Run for N.Y. Governor," by Katie Glueck, April 8, 2021
- The Jerusalem Post, "US lawmakers introduce bill to make State Dept. review PA textbooks," by Omri Nahmias, April 7, 2021
- Long Island Newsday, "Voting changes undermine American democracy," Letter to the Editor, March 31, 2021
- News10 Albany, "James protects stimulus payments from debt collectors," Mar 24, 2021
- The Suffolk Times, "Zeldin touts Trump's accomplishments as House votes to impeach president for second time," by Joe Werkmeister, 01.13.2021
- Fox News: "I am a lifelong Democrat who is joining the Republican Party. Here's why," by Vernon Jones, January 8, 2021
- WSHU Public Radio, "Long Island Rep. Zeldin Joins Texas Lawsuit Attempting To Overturn Election," by J.D. Allen, Dec 11, 2020
- The Jewish Insider, "Lee Zeldin claims he's never experienced antisemitism from the GOP," by Jacob Kornbluh, August 24, 2020
- Atlantic Magazine, "What Does Rudy Giuliani's Son Do?," by Elaina Plott, November 18, 2019
- CityAndStateNY.com, "Kathy Hochul says there's something women need to realize," by Frank G. Runyeon, March 25, 2018
- CBS-NY, "Who Is Cuomo's Possible Successor, Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul?", by Tony Aiello, March 2, 2021
- Lower Hudson Journal News, "Who is Kathy Hochul? What to know about Cuomo's lieutenant governor," by Tiffany Cusaac-Smith, March 2, 2021
- WLNY-2 CBS-TV, "Who Is Cuomo's Possible Successor, Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul?," by Tony Aiello, March 2, 2021
- U.S. News & World Report, "Gov. Andrew Cuomo Signs 10-Bill Police Reform Package into Law," by Alexa Lardieri, June 12, 2020
- Valdosta Today, "Hate crime amendment presented by GA representative," June 9, 2020
- N.Y. Daily News, "Lt. Gov. Hochul says state Senate too 'afraid' of NRA to pass gun control bill," by Esther Shittu, Jun 19, 2018
- City & State NY, "Kathy Hochul says there's something women need to realize," by Frank G. Runyeon, March 25, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Andrew Giuliani: Protect the right to life, I look at this very simply.
Kathy Hochul: Overturning Roe changed nothing in NY, because I'm governor.
Lee Zeldin: Overturning Roe is moot: NY has strict abortion rights.
Budget & Economy|
Joe Pinion: Claims Federal COVID aid used to push critical race theory.
Letitia James: Moved to protect stimulus payments from debt collectors.
Andrew Giuliani: Kneeling during anthem is a war on our police.
Andrew Giuliani: Would protect same-sex marriage, right to adopt.
Kathy Hochul: In Congress supported same-sex marriage & abortion rights.
Kathy Hochul: Supported same-sex marriage & abortion rights.
Kathy Hochul: If men don't change attitudes there will be consequences.
Letitia James: Codify federal protections for LGBTQ+ individuals.
Letitia James: Attacks on transgender students violate their rights.
Andrew Giuliani: Worked for Trump on deregulation of businesses of all sizes.
Kathy Hochul: Social media companies should be vigilant about hate speech.
Andrew Cuomo: Signed police reform package, including ban on chokeholds.
Andrew Giuliani: Curbing crime a top priority, no greater friend to police.
Andrew Giuliani: Stop the war on police; end bail reform.
Kathy Hochul: Spearheaded campaign against college sexual assaults.
Lee Zeldin: Gun control measures won't reduce crime.
Andrew Giuliani: Legal marijuana products can be a state revenue source.
Andrew Giuliani: Open more charter schools, give parents choice.
Andrew Giuliani: Wants a tax voucher program for school choice.
Joe Pinion: We need to have school choice for every single child.
Kathy Hochul: Make state schools tuition-free for middle-class families.
Tom Suozzi: Work with yeshivas that fall short on secular education.
Energy & Oil|
Joe Pinion: Capitalism is the solution for developing renewables.
Families & Children|
Kathy Hochul: Fought for Paid Family Leave & $15 minimum wage.
Lee Zeldin: Congressional report on hate speech in Palestinian textbooks.
Tom Suozzi: His first House floor speech was in support of Israel.
Joe Pinion: We've been outsourcing the American Dream and its jobs.
Andrew Giuliani: Supports term limits, ban outside income in state office.
Andrew Giuliani: We will never know who legitimately won the 2020 election.
Joe Pinion: Term limits are a must, we need them today.
Lee Zeldin: Voted to overturn 2020 presidential election results.
Lee Zeldin: Opposed For the People Act expanding voting rights.
Lee Zeldin: Signed onto Texas suit challenging 2020 election.
Lee Zeldin: Rogue state officials made unconstitutional voting changes .
Andrew Giuliani: Against strengthening state gun laws after mass shooting.
Kathy Hochul: State senate too afraid of NRA to vote on "red flag" bill.
Kathy Hochul: Illegal guns are from out of state; need a national response.
Andrew Giuliani: I am anti-mandate for COVID vaccinations.
Joe Pinion: COVID policy mandates have no basis in science.
Kathy Hochul: Support for ACA contraception mandate cost her re-election.
Letitia James: Asks Supreme Court not to block COVID vaccine mandate.
Joe Pinion: Population explosion due to people illegally crossing border.
Kathy Hochul: Once opposed driver's licenses for undocumented immigrants.
Kathy Hochul: She believes in equal pay for equal work.
Principles & Values|
Andrew Giuliani: I'm a politician out of the womb; it's in my DNA.
Andrew Giuliani: Trump a father figure, helped him during parents' divorce.
Andrew Giuliani: As 7-year-old, upstaged father's inaugural address as mayor.
Kathy Hochul: Not strongly ideological; more practical.
Kathy Hochul: Upbringing taught her to care for poor, imprisoned, homeless.
Kathy Hochul: Catholic upbringing: care for poor, imprisoned, & homeless.
Lee Zeldin: Never experienced antisemitism, including within GOP.
Tom Suozzi: I'm standing up to the far-left and to the far-right.
Al Sharpton: Country must address growing problem of hate crimes.
Kathy Hochul: You don't protect hate speech or incendiary speech.
Andrew Giuliani: Roll back increased taxes on corporations, wealthy.
Andrew Giuliani: Promises highest tax cut, budget cut in New York history.
Joe Pinion: Restore full deductibility of state and local taxes.
Kathy Hochul: Tax cuts for low/middle incomes, not for billionaires.
Lee Zeldin: NY gone dark from taxes, lost jobs, suffocating regulations.
Andrew Giuliani: Got CARES Act funding to save thousands of transit jobs.
Kathy Hochul: Make social media CEOs accountable for hate speech.
The above quotations are from 2022 New York Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election in 2022; contenders:
NY 2022 Gubernatorial debate:
Incumbent Andrew Cuomo(D,resigned)
vs.Gov.Kathy Hochul(D nominee)
vs.Joe Pinion(R nominee)
vs.US.Rep.Lee Zeldin(R nominee)
vs.Rob Astorino(R,lost primary)
vs.Andrew Giuliani(R,lost primary)
vs.U.S. Rep. Tom Suozzi(D,lost primary)
vs.A.G. Letitia James(D,withdrew)
Past gubernatorial races:
2018 New York gubernatorial debate,
Former gubernatorial races:
2014 New York gubernatorial Debate
Rob Astorino (R,2014)
Zephyr Teachout (D,2014)
Howie Hawkins (G,2014)
Rep. Rick Lazio (R,2010)
John Faso (R,2006)
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: