Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 New York Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 NY Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Charles Schumer (2) Democratic Sr Senator New York
- Chele Farley (14) Republican candidate for senator from New York New York
- Dave Webber (9) Republican Candidate for New York U.S. Senator New York
- Kirsten Gillibrand (10) New York Democratic candidate for President; New York Senator
- Scott Noren (8) Democratic candidate for senator from New York New York
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New York 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Nation magazine, "Why Democratic Contenders Now Call for Abolishing the Electoral College," by John Nichols, Apr. 8, 2019
- Hollywood Reporter, "Gillibrand Talks 'Infuriating' Inaction on Gun Control," by Katie Kilkenny & Hilary Lewis, Nov. 08, 2018
- ABC-7 Eyewitness News, “Gillibrand, Farley face off in Senate debate,” October 25, 2018
- White House press release, "WTAS: Support for President Trump's Successful Trade Negotiations with Mexico and Canada," Oct. 2, 2018
- The Journal News, "Deadly deliveries up in NY," by David Robinson, Aug. 28, 2018
- Independent Journal Review, "Dem Senator 'Confused' After ICE Official Explains," by Julio Rosas, Jul 31, 2018
- Breitbart News, "Farley: Get MS-13 'Monsters' Out of New York," by Aaron Klein, May 28, 2018
- The Auburn Citizen, auburnpub.com, "Farley endorsed by Reform Party," by Robert Harding, May 26, 2018
- Buffalo News, "Farley brings Senate campaign against Gillibrand to Buffalo," by Robert J. McCarthy, May 17, 2018
- The Auburn Citizen, "Rep. Elise Stefanik endorses Chele Farley for Senate," by Robert Harding, March 28, 2018
- ArtVoice.com, "Chele Farley Chastises Senator Gillibrand Over NY's Donor State Status," March 13, 2018
- City and State NY (e-zine), "Gillibrand talks Trump's tweets and sexual harassment," by Grace Segers, Feb. 5, 2018
- Times-Union, "Businesswoman Chele Farley to challenge Gillibrand," by Casey Seiler, February 1, 2018
- Jacobin Magazine, "Gillibrand, Trump, Clinton, and the Cabinet," 5/9/2017
- PR Newswire.com, "Noren Announces Occupation of Time Warner Cable," press release from Noren For Senate, Feb. 10, 2012
- Patch.com, "Q&A with U.S. Senate Candidate Dr. Scott Noren," by Krista Madsen, June 14, 2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Charles Schumer: Measure distribution of growth, not just overall GDP growth.
Chele Farley: NY can no longer afford to be a donor state; keep money here.
Scott Noren: Real way to build economy is by making SBA loans available.
Scott Noren: Incarcerate criminals but sentences should reflect the crime.
Chele Farley: Convicted murderers/rapists should lose voting rights.
Scott Noren: Opioid solutions are not working; start with prescriptions.
Chele Farley: Keep more tax dollars local, to fight opioid crisis.
Scott Noren: National school voucher system for community college.
Chele Farley: Keep donor tax money; use it on education and infrastructure.
Energy & Oil|
Scott Noren: No more nuclear power plants; invest in green energy jobs.
Scott Noren: Ban fracking; scrap nonsense regulations.
Dave Webber: We need 100% world consensus or EPA is a wasteful burden.
Families & Children|
Kirsten Gillibrand: Modernize obstetrics to cut increases in childbirth deaths.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Women run for office because Trump demeans & devalues women.
Chele Farley: Pro-Israel; challenge mistakes like Iran nuclear deal.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Opposes boycotts of businesses in Israel.
Charles Schumer: Supports USMCA trade agreement to replace NAFTA.
Scott Noren: Free trade agreements kill jobs & move them overseas.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Abolish the Electoral College.
Chele Farley: Term limits is a good start in reforming government.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Inaction on mass shootings due to greed of NRA & gunmakers.
Chele Farley: Medicare public option amounts to socialized medicine.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Expand Medicare and add not-for-profit public option.
Dave Webber: ObamaCare drastically increased insurance rates.
Scott Noren: Proactive, not reactive, actions taken to aid military.
Chele Farley: Pays respect and honors US Army, celebrating 243rd birthday.
Dave Webber: 20 Vets commit suicide every day--we must do better by them.
Chele Farley: Central American refugees are an invasion, not a caravan.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Central American migrant caravan is seeking asylum.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Get rid of ICE; separate anti-terrorism from border control.
Chele Farley: Against open borders; let border agents question suspects.
Dave Webber: Pathway to citizenship needed for law abiding immigrants.
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2007 SAVE Act: beef up border; oppose sanctuary cities.
Kirsten Gillibrand: 2010: moratorium on government immigration raids.
Chele Farley: Recoup donor taxes and use them to create quality jobs.
Dave Webber: Increasing minimum wage will result in less jobs.
Principles & Values|
Chele Farley: Condemned with IFFY award for running "Issue-Free" campaign.
Dave Webber: Maximum limit for pay into social security needs increase.
Chele Farley: Criticizes Congressional GOP tax plan.
Dave Webber: Keep tax rate higher on wealthy for now, & slowly lower it.
Chele Farley: Use recaptured tax money to rebuild state infrastructure.
War & Peace|
Dave Webber: Need diplomatic dialogue to keep Middle East under control.
Welfare & Poverty|
Dave Webber: False unemployment rate means rise in welfare & food stamps.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Charles Schumer Democratic Sr Senator New York
- Chele Farley Republican candidate for senator from New York New York
- Dave Webber Republican Candidate for New York U.S. Senator New York
- Kirsten Gillibrand New York Democratic candidate for President; New York Senator
- Scott Noren Democratic candidate for senator from New York New York
The above quotations are from 2018 New York Senate race: debates and news coverage.