Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 New Jersey Senate race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 NJ Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Hugin (28) Republican candidate for New Jersey U. S. Senator New Jersey
- Chris Murphy (1) Democratic Challenger Connecticut
- Rich Pezzullo (12) Republican candidate for U. S. Senator (withdrew) New Jersey
- Robert Menendez (24) Democratic Jr Senator; previously Representative New Jersey
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
New Jersey 2018 Senatorial debates and race coverage:
- Dallas Morning News, "Get U.S. troops out of the way if Turkey planned to 'ethnically cleanse the Kurds'," by Todd J. Gillman, Oct. 23, 2019
- NBC News, "Trump could push through Saudi bomb deal without congressional approval," by Pete Marovich, May 22, 2019
- NJ Advance Media, "Could Menendez be the lone N.J. Democrat to lose?", by Jonathan D. Salant, Aug 22, 2018
- The Hill, "GOP challenger opposed allowing female, gay students in Princeton eating clubs," by Lisa Hagen, 07/20/18
- Politico.com, "Garden State Equality asks Hugin's stance on Pompeo," by Nikita Biryukov, April 25, 2018
- InsiderNJ.com, "Hugin: Politics Aside, Safety Is Top Priority," April 25, 2018
- Politics DW, "Ex-rival vouches for Hugin's pro-life credentials," by David Wildstein, February 26, 2018
- Newark Star Ledger (NJ.com), "Endanger cancer patients to juice profits?," by Tom Moran, February 18, 2018
- Burlington County Times, "Hugin kicks off campaign to unseat Menendez," by David Levinsky, February 13, 2018
- CNBC. "Ex-drugmaker CEO turned Senate hopeful," By Berkeley Lovelace Jr., February 14, 2018
- InsiderNJ.com, "GOP Enamored of Hugin," January 15, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bob Hugin: Pro-choice, but no late-term abortions unless maternal risk.
Robert Menendez: Yes affordable contraceptives; no unneeded restrictions.
Bob Hugin: Against late term abortions unless mother's life is at risk.
Rich Pezzullo: Opposes using tax dollars for abortions, wants regulations.
Budget & Economy|
Rich Pezzullo: Balance your budget and provide affordable services.
Bob Hugin: Supports gay marriage.
Robert Menendez: Supports gay marriage.
Bob Hugin: Regrets ban on women at 1970s Princeton eating clubs.
Bob Hugin: My kids taught me to be more tolerant of gays than in 1970s.
Robert Menendez: Keep CFPB Financial Protection; keep Consumer Advisory Board.
Bob Hugin: As a job creator he'll employ new policies to spur growth.
Rich Pezzullo: Government shouldn't bail out businesses that can't succeed.
Bob Hugin: Decriminalize pot in small amounts but not recreational use.
Robert Menendez: Give marijuana businesses access to banking services.
Bob Hugin: Supports expanded charter schools.
Robert Menendez: Vouchers drain money from public schools.
Robert Menendez: Supports making 2 years of community college free.
Energy & Oil|
Bob Hugin: Climate change is human-caused, but Paris Accord is unfair.
Robert Menendez: World must cut greenhouse gas emissions, or reject science.
Bob Hugin: Energy independence: solar & wind, plus domestic oil & gas.
Rich Pezzullo: Keep energy costs low by opposing radical Green agenda.
Bob Hugin: Protect our environment in a way that's fair to businesses.
Robert Menendez: Don't let the EPA get undermined.
Bob Hugin: More work is needed for safe, clean environment.
Bob Hugin: Supports Israel and recognizes Jerusalem as its capital.
Rich Pezzullo: As our ally, we must support Israel's right to defend itself.
Rich Pezzullo: Oppose all UN treaties that weaken our sovereignty.
Bob Hugin: In the end, tariffs will get a better deal with China.
Robert Menendez: Tariffs on China drive allies into arms of our adversaries.
Robert Menendez: Citizens United rolled back decades of progress.
Robert Menendez: Do everything to protect all Americans' right to vote.
Bob Hugin: Expanded background checks; bar people with mental illnesses.
Robert Menendez: Universal background checks & assault weapons ban.
Rich Pezzullo: Opposes new federal gun laws; high marks from NRA.
Rich Pezzullo: More conservative justices on federal bench.
Bob Hugin: Lobbied to block cheaper generic alternatives.
Bob Hugin: Repeal ObamaCare but keep preexisting conditions.
Robert Menendez: Repealing ObamaCare would hike premiums & hurt the disabled.
Bob Hugin: AdWatch: Raised drug prices in US while lowering them abroad.
Bob Hugin: As CEO, paid $280M drug settlement.
Bob Hugin: Will use his 20 years in healthcare to craft new reforms.
Rich Pezzullo: Repeal ObamaCare; it's a dangerous proposal.
Bob Hugin: Syrian airstrikes no "kabuki show" to our brave military.
Rich Pezzullo: Spying on citizens not needed against criminals & terrorists.
Bob Hugin: Path to citizenship for people building a productive life.
Robert Menendez: DREAMer kids have grown up as Americans.
Bob Hugin: Fully supports pathway to citizenship for innocent DREAMers.
Rich Pezzullo: Opposes pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants.
Robert Menendez: Raise minimum wage from $7.25 to $10.10/hour.
Principles & Values|
Robert Menendez: Severely admonished by Senate for political favors.
Robert Menendez: Admonished by Senate Ethics Committee for accepting gifts.
Robert Menendez: Opposes privatization of Social Security.
Bob Hugin: Blasts opponent for voting to raise taxes on Social Security.
Bob Hugin: Trump tax cuts delivered real relief & job creation.
Robert Menendez: Trump tax cuts was giant hit job on middle class.
Bob Hugin: Opposes new $10K cap on deductions for state & local taxes.
Robert Menendez: Net Neutrality avoids higher prices.
War & Peace|
Robert Menendez: Is Trump acting for Russia and Turkey or willfully blind?
Chris Murphy: Oppose sale of precision guided bombs to Saudi Arabia.
Robert Menendez: Oppose bombs to Saudi Arabia; no national security emergency.
Bob Hugin: Iran used nuclear deal to export terrorism.
Robert Menendez: Selling arms to Saudi Arabia makes crisis in Yemen.
Robert Menendez: Grave mistake to walk away from Iran nuke deal without plan.
Welfare & Poverty|
Bob Hugin: Non-profit advocate for needs of homeless families.
Rich Pezzullo: Make major cuts in welfare "giveaway" programs.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bob Hugin Republican candidate for New Jersey U. S. Senator New Jersey
- Chris Murphy Democratic Challenger Connecticut
- Rich Pezzullo Republican candidate for U. S. Senator (withdrew) New Jersey
- Robert Menendez Democratic Jr Senator; previously Representative New Jersey
The above quotations are from 2018 New Jersey Senate race: debates and news coverage.