Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2018 Hawaii Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2018 HI Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Andria Tupola (13) Hawaii Republican candidate for governor of Hawaii
- Bob McDermott (1) Hawaii Republican candidate for governor
- Colleen Hanabusa (2) Hawaii Democratic candidate for Hawaii Governor
- David Ige (2) Hawaii Democratic Governor
- John Carroll (3) Hawaii Republican candidate for governor of Hawaii
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Hawaii 2018 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser, "Ige defeats Hanabusa, will face Tupola in November," by Kevin Dayton, August 12, 2018
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Candidate Q&A: Governor: Andria Tupola," Aug 2 & 9, 2018
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Hanabusa's Legacy in Congress", by Nick Grube, Aug 7, 2018
- Pacific Business News, "Gubernatorial candidates take on energy, climate at public forum," by HJ Mai, August 6, 2018
- Hawaii News Now, "American Samoan citizenship status under scrutiny," by Rick Daysog, August 4, 2018
- Hawaii News Now, "Candidate supports cutting taxes, buying local," by Tianna Morimoto, July 31, 2018
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "How Gov Candidates Would Grow Hawaii's Economy," by Stewart Yerton, July 9, 2018
- The Kaua'i Garden Island, "Tupola touts vision for Hawaii," by Bethany Freudenthal, June 21, 2018
- West Hawaii Today, "Republican candidates for state office stump in Kona", Apr 14, 2018
- Hawaii Free Press, "Tupola Tax Cut: Make EITC Refundable," by Rep Andria Tupola, January 16, 2018
- Huffington Post, "Why Is Bob McDermott So Obsessed With Sex?", by Dean Hamer and Joe Wilson, 2/09/2016 updated Dec 06, 2017
- BigIslandNow.com, "Gov. Ige Issues Statement on U.S. Immigration," January 30, 2017
- Maui Time, "Know Your 2016 Maui County Election Candidate: John Carroll," by Anthony Pignataro, June 27, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Andria Tupola: Give same rights to American Samoans living here.
Bob McDermott: Amendment for marriage only by opposite-sex couples.
Andria Tupola: Cut corporate taxes and unnecessary regulation.
Andria Tupola: Education needs to be an interconnected community issue.
Energy & Oil|
Andria Tupola: For renewable energy if affordable and environmentally safe.
Andria Tupola: People must understand what environmental protections do.
Andria Tupola: If we take care of the land it will take care of our needs.
Andria Tupola: Tension between development & environment is about balance.
Families & Children|
Andria Tupola: The burden placed on families through taxes needs examining.
Andria Tupola: Video testimony to legislature; no constitutional convention.
Andria Tupola: Supporter of 2nd Amendment, it's a right not a privilege.
John Carroll: Gun control bans should be handled on state level.
Colleen Hanabusa: Shaped National Defense Authorization Act military roadmap.
David Ige: Hawai'i welcomes refugees.
Principles & Values|
Colleen Hanabusa: Got $75M tax credit for Ko Oilna, and husband got $400,000.
John Carroll: Served four terms in Hawaii House; one term in state Senate.
Andria Tupola: Work on local tax policies; give more back to the people.
David Ige: State was unprepared for accidental emergency alert.
John Carroll: Take the Oahu rail project to task, and maybe to jail.
Welfare & Poverty|
Andria Tupola: Clearinghouse for decentralized solutions on homelessness.
Andria Tupola: Increase affordable housing by tax cuts & fewer regulations.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Andria Tupola Hawaii Republican candidate for governor of Hawaii
- Bob McDermott Hawaii Republican candidate for governor
- Colleen Hanabusa Hawaii Democratic candidate for Hawaii Governor
- David Ige Hawaii Democratic Governor
- John Carroll Hawaii Republican candidate for governor of Hawaii
The above quotations are from 2018 Hawaii Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2017-18 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)