Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2008 Nebraska Senate Debate between Mike Johanns & Scott Kleeb
Republican Mike Johanns, Democrat Scott Kleeb and Green Party candidate Steve Larrick debate at State Fair Park.
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2008 Nebraska Senate Debate between Mike Johanns & Scott Kleeb (number of quotes indicated):
- Mike Johanns (10)
- Scott Kleeb (12)
- Steven Larrick (4)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Mike Johanns: I’m the only candidate who’s actually dealt with the budget.
Scott Kleeb: Bush & Johanns created current failed policies.
Mike Johanns: Growing the economy will balance the budget over time.
Scott Kleeb: Return to pay-as-you-go spending.
Energy & Oil|
Steven Larrick: Only candidate to oppose drilling in ANWR.
Mike Johanns: New corn genetics brings 40% yield increase & more ethanol.
Mike Johanns: Opposes Warner-Lieberman Climate Security Act.
Scott Kleeb: Always a supporter of ethanol; along with solar & wind.
Scott Kleeb: Supports Warner-Lieberman Climate Security Act.
Steven Larrick: We need a renewable energy policy.
Steven Larrick: Green energy is the future of Nebraska.
Scott Kleeb: Johanns wastefully spent $20M studying crawdads in Australia.
Mike Johanns: Didn’t phase out adult mental health care services.
Mike Johanns: Giving all taxpayers federal coverage would cost $480B.
Scott Kleeb: Shouldn’t phase out adult mental health care services.
Scott Kleeb: Give all taxpayers access to federal coverage like Congress.
Mike Johanns: Alternative community hospitals got 9000 more people treated.
Scott Kleeb: Alternative community treatment not adequately funded.
Mike Johanns: Negotiating with rogue nations squanders American prestige.
Scott Kleeb: We have forgotten how to use diplomacy.
Scott Kleeb: Johanns left Secretary of Agriculture job & let down farmers.
Principles & Values|
Mike Johanns: Focus on small towns.
Scott Kleeb: Always keep Nebraska’s interest first.
Mike Johanns: No tax increase for research on celluosic ethanol.
Scott Kleeb: Supports $1B in tax funds for research on celluosic ethanol.
War & Peace|
Steven Larrick: Invasion of Iraq was based on false premises.
The above quotations are from 2008 Nebraska Senate Debate between Mike Johanns & Scott Kleeb.
Other 2008 Senate debates:
- Interviews with Senate candidates (OnTheIssues SenateMatch series)
- Senior Citizens League Guide (Senate questionnaire on retirement topics)
- Scientists and Engineers for America Guide (Senate questionnaire on science & technology topics)
- Business Industry Political Action Committee (Senate questionnaire on business topics)
- Political Courage Test (Senate questionnaire on general topics)
- Citizens for Global Solutions (Senate questionnaire on international topics)
- This Is Not Florida How Al Franken Won the Minnesota Senate Recount,by Jay Weiner
- The Truth (With Jokes), by Al Franken (2006)
- AK: Sen. Ted Stevens (R, incumbent) vs. Mayor Mark Begich (D)
- AL: Sen. Jeff Sessions (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Vivian Figures (D)
- CO: Rep. Mark Udall (D) vs. Rep. Bob Schaeffer (R)
- GA: Georgia Democratic primary debate
- IA: Sen. Tom Harkin (D, incumbent) vs. Christopher Reed (R)
- ID: Gov. Jim Risch (R) vs. Rep. Larry LaRocco (D) vs. Rex Rammell (I)
- IL: Sen. Dick Durbin (D, incumbent) vs. Dr. Steven Sauerberg (R)
- KS: Sen. Pat Roberts (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Jim Slattery (D)
- KY: Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, incumbent) vs. Bruce Lunsford (D)
- LA: Sen. Mary Landrieu (D, incumbent) vs. John Neely Kennedy (R)
- MA: Sen. John Kerry (D, incumbent) vs. Jeff Beatty (R)
- ME: Sen. Susan Collins (R, incumbent) vs. Rep. Tom Allen (D)
- MN: Sen. Norm Coleman (R, incumbent) vs. Al Franken (D) & Sen. Dean Barkley (I)
- MS: Sen. Roger Wicker (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Ronnie Musgrove (D)
- NC: Sen. Liddy Dole (R) vs. State Sen. Kay Hagan (D)
- NE: Gov. Mike Johanns (R) vs. Scott Kleeb (D)
- NE: Nebraska's Brand of Change, by Scott Kleeb
- NH: Sen. John Sununu (R, incumbent) vs. Gov. Jeanne Shaheen
- NJ: Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D, incumbent) vs. Rep. Dick Zimmer (R)
- NM: Rep. Steve Pearce (R) vs. Rep. Tom Udall (D)
- OK: Sen. Jim Inhofe (R, incumbent) vs. State Sen. Andrew Rice (D)
- OR: Sen. Gordon Smith (R, incumbent) vs. State Rep. Jeff Merkley (D)
- SD: Sen. Tim Johnson (D, incumbent) vs. Joel Dykstra (R)
- TX: Sen. Jon Cornyn (R, incumbent) vs. Rick Noriega (D)
- VA: Gov. Jim Gilmore (R) and vs. Gov. Mark Warner (D)