Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Gubernatorial 2008 Political Courage Test, by Project Vote Smart
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2008 Political Courage Test (number of quotes indicated):
- Joe Pennacchio (10) Republican challenger (2008) New Jersey
- John Hoeven (2) North Dakota Former Republican Governor (2000-2010)
- Mitch Daniels (16) Indiana Former Republican Governor (2005-2013)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mitch Daniels: No stem-cell research; private funds ok for adult stem cells.
Mitch Daniels: Legal abortion for rape, incest, or medical danger.
Joe Pennacchio: Abortion only for rape, incest, or maternal life.
Mitch Daniels: No same-sex marriage nor civil unions.
Mitch Daniels: No affirmative action in public college admissions.
Joe Pennacchio: DOMA instead of same-sex marriage.
Joe Pennacchio: No general affirmative action in state decisions.
Mitch Daniels: Reduce corporate income tax; cut and cap property tax.
Mitch Daniels: Support the death penalty.
Mitch Daniels: Prevent recidivism with vocational training & alternatives.
Joe Pennacchio: Supports the death penalty.
Joe Pennacchio: End parole for repeat violent offenders.
Joe Pennacchio: Strengthen penalties for meth & other drug offenses.
John Hoeven: Moment of silence, or prayer, ok in public schools.
Mitch Daniels: Support vouchers for public schools.
Mitch Daniels: Use lottery revenue for free college tuition for two years.
Mitch Daniels: Voluntary prayer in public schools.
Energy & Oil|
Mitch Daniels: Support clean coal as well as alternative energy.
Joe Pennacchio: Increase production of traditional domestic energy sources.
Mitch Daniels: No limits on individual nor PAC campaign contributions.
Joe Pennacchio: Limit all types of contributions, but not spending.
Mitch Daniels: No background checks; no licenses; yes concealed carry.
Mitch Daniels: Tort reform; sue HMOs; no guarantees.
Mitch Daniels: INShape plan: insure 130,000 uninsured Hoosiers.
Joe Pennacchio: Guaranteed medical care is not a government responsibility.
John Hoeven: State & locals cops should enforce federal immigration laws.
Mitch Daniels: Supports internet sales tax.
Welfare & Poverty|
Joe Pennacchio: Redirect welfare to faith-based organizations.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Joe Pennacchio Republican challenger (2008) New Jersey
- John Hoeven North Dakota Former Republican Governor (2000-2010)
- Mitch Daniels Indiana Former Republican Governor (2005-2013)
The above quotations are from Gubernatorial 2008 Political Courage Test, by Project Vote Smart.
- 2020 Political Courage Test: House and Senate
- 2018 State legislation: House, Senate, and Governor
- 2016 State legislation: Presidential, Gubernatorial, and State
- 2013-2014 Political Courage Test: Gubernatorial & Senate, plus legislative records
- 2011-12 State legislation: House and Senate plus legislative records
- 2009-10 Political Courage Tests: Senatorial, Gubernatorial, and State legislation
- 2008 Political Courage Tests: Presidential, Gubernatorial, and Senatorial
- 2006 Political Awareness Tests: Gubernatorial and Senatorial
- 2004 Political Awareness Tests: Presidential, Gubernatorial, and Senatorial
- 2002 Political Awareness Tests: Gubernatorial and Senatorial
- 2000 Political Awareness Tests: Presidential and Congress
- 1996-1998 Political Awareness Tests: House, Senate, and State
- Collections of Voter Guides:
- American Family Association iVoterGuides:
- Science Debate Voter Guides:
- CampusElect.org Voter Guides:
- AARP voter guides:
- Vote-USA.org voter guides:
- Miscellaneous voter guides: